This is a tremendous new blog that I had no idea existed. It is the “Legal Extranet Blog.” There is a lot of great information here. As you know, Traverse Legal has used its legal extranet system as a complete case management system. We have used the extranet to run mass tort cases, deliver transparency and quality to our clients, as well as manage our cases internally.
1) For corporate law departments, this is a great way to have on-line access to the status of your cases, legal documents or case/trial calendars.
2) Legal collaboration systems provide anytime, anywhere access to case information and documents, wherever an Internet connection is available.
3) This is a turnkey (Application Service Provider or ASP) solution, there are no servers to set up and there is virtually no technical assistance required to set up a new collaboration system.
4) Collaboration systems can track many things -- cases, litigations, practice support projects, vendors, budgets, etc....
5) Easy tracking and documentation of system updates and other data activity.
6) For law firms, this is a great way to provide incremental services to clients.
7) Sophisticated security and data permission modules, so you can specifically control who has access to various types of data.
8) Every collaboration system is highly customizable and can be individually updated so that the feature set and graphics are set up in a manner consistent with the law firms and clients using this system.
9) These systems are delivered with user-configurable reporting modules providing reports which can be output on the screen, in spreadsheet format or in PDF format, providing many ways to report on and distribute your data.
10) Collaboration systems help you work more productively with your business partners !!