- Performs all of the calendaring items that lawyers need each and every day.
- Group calendaring which allows me to see the schedules of other people on our team, both inside and outside the office network.
- Universal access to the calendar from whatever computer or device I am working on with real-time updates including all of the various computers that I work from as well as my iPhone.
- Reminders by pop-up, email and text message on intervals that I choose.
- No requirements for synchronization which requires my main computer to be networked, by various calendaring software to be running or any other limitations on real-time data.
Through the years, we have used both Amicus Attorney and PC Law. We have synched PC Law with Microsoft Outlook Calendar. We have subscribed to MobileMe accounts in order to synch calendar data from PC Law to Outlook to the iPhone. In retrospect, I have to wonder what the hell we were thinking?
Google Calendar handles all of the required elements of lawyer calendaring seamlessly and easily. We have now been using Google Calendar for a month. I’m somewhat embarrassed that it took us almost six years to realize that Google Calendar is THE ANSWER to our calendaring needs.