It is November 16, 2005. The first snow flakes are falling from the sky. The outside temperature reads thirty-two degrees from the inside of my car. Breakfast with Santa is scheduled for this saturday. Here is the Christmas list that I am going to put out:
- Inspiration, creativity and motivation to take my ten month old firm to the next level as we set out to change the way law is practiced.
- Inspired workers to help me turn the legal world upside down and cuase other attornies, clients and the world in general to rethink what it means to be a good lawyer.
- A solid client base of good people who understand what we are trying to achieve and support our efforts.
- Lots and lots of fun technology to bring efficiency and focus to our daily practice.
- Time and motivation to strap on my snow shoes and head into the back trails behind my office once winter really sets in.
- Intelligence and rational thought to supprt my decisions on my own behalf, as well as on the behalf of my clients.