Thanksgiving is a great holiday. There are no gifts or shopping or unnecessary candy. The point of Thanksgiving is to give thanks. What a great holiday.
I am thankful for so many things. Here are a few:
- Smart, healthy well behaved kids who seem to have an appreciation for the more important issues we all face as human beings.
- A wondrous city in which to live, Traverse City, which is not too big, not to small and amazingly not pretentious at all.
- The fact that my wife and I continue to grow both as individuals and in the context of our relationship, in a creative, dynamic and unpredictable way. Maybe it was something to do with the fact that we didn’t know each other at all when we got engaged? There’s something amazing about waking up each day and being able to recreate yourself without your spouse being concerned that you have “changed.” When you don’t really know who the other person is to start, there are few limiting expectations. Luckily, our relationship has continued to embrace the concept of change.
- My barter relationship with the owners of Broneah, the largest kiteboarding camp in the mid-west. I completed my third camp last year and am very close to being a full-fledge kiteboarder.
- My new partners at Traverse Legal who are helping me build one of the most innovative law firms in the world.